Last updated December 31, 2019
While not necessarily personally identifiable, we may collect and store information that you provide to us via the Sites, in one of our retail stores, or that you provide to our Customer Service Department, as further described below.
We may collect certain Personal Data provided by our customers, including but not limited to names, date of birth, gender, social media accounts, billing and shipping addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers and/or expiration dates. Some examples of when such collection may occur are as follows:
• When you make an online purchase, we may collect and use your Personal Data to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations (or other transactional information) and/or to provide customer service and/or future promotional offers and information that might be of interest to you.
• If you complete a form (in print or digitally) within one of our stores or online, we may collect and use your Personal Data to provide you with information about products that may be of interest to you or other requested information.
• If you opt to create an online account with us to track your orders, we may collect and use your Personal Data to keep you updated about special offers, send updates related to the Sites, and facilitate checkout during purchases.
• If you sign up to receive promotional emails from us, we may contact you about sales, special offers and new features available through the Sites.
We also may obtain, collect and aggregate information (including Personal Data) provided to us by our marketing service providers and other vendors.
The above section provides examples of the Personal Data that we may collect through the Sites and the manners in which we may use such Personal Data. If you do not want us to collect your Personal Data, please do not provide it to us. You can update your information or change your marketing and subscription settings by accessing your account via the Sites (see below section entitled “How Can I Access, Correct and Update My Personal Information?”). Residents of California, Canada and the EU should read their respective Notices below.
When you use the Sites, including by browsing our merchandise and/or contacting us with inquiries, we collect certain non-identifiable information ("Non-Personal Data") and receive such information from various third parties. Non-Personal Data cannot be used to specifically identify you. The Non-Personal Data we collect includes, without limitation, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser information, other characteristics of the device you are using to access the Sites, domain names of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of our Sites, and the time of your usage. This information is used to analyze and to improve the Sites and to provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience. Non-Personal Data may be combined with Personal Data, but for data that remains non-personally identifiable, it will still be viewed as Non-Personal Data. We provide additional information on our Non-Personal Data collection below.
Cookies and Other Session Identifiers
We may use Flash cookies and other similar technologies, which allow a website to store certain information locally on an individual's computer or device and then access and use that information to enhance and facilitate certain Site experiences, processes and functionality. Flash cookies are different from other cookies and may not be removed in the same manner. More information about both kinds of cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. .
We also use web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) for similar purposes as cookies. These beacons are typically one-pixel images that are embedded in the Site or in a communication, such as an email message. These technologies help us to verify when a certain page of a Site is viewed, when a message is opened and when links or other content in a message are clicked or viewed. .
Mobile Access and Social Media Platforms.
How Can I Access, Correct and Update My Personal Information? .
You can access, correct and/or update certain personal information that you have provided to us within the "My Account" area of the Sites, or if you filled out an information card in-store (in print or digitally), you can request that a sales associate update your customer profile. .
How We Use the Information Collected? .
Personal Data: We may use Personal Data as necessary and to fulfill your requests, including in the following ways: .
• Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Sites, we will use the Personal Data to provide you with and monitor such access and use.
• Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including, without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users, to protect against fraudulent activities, to manage your account and to generally manage the Sites and our business. .
• Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you for certain marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about offers, contests or surveys which may be of interest to you and to display content and advertising on or off the Sites which may be of relevance to you. .
• Customer Service: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided, for example to resolve a customer service issue. .
• Aggregated Personal Data: We (either directly or through a service provider) may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data and other information. .
Do We Share Your Information? .
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. However, we do share personal information with third parties for the following purposes: .
• Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. In connection with services those partners provide for us, we may grant them access to certain Personal Data. .
• Third Party Marketers: We may also share information with other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. If you prefer we do not share your Personal Data with these types of parties, please email us at email@example.com. .
• Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites or the public or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion. .
Other uses: If we intend to use any Personal Data in any manner that is not authorized herein, we will inform you of such anticipated use prior to, or at the time at which the Personal Data is collected and obtain your consent prior to such use. .
Non-Personal Data .
As noted above, Non-Personal Data does not and cannot be used to personally identify you. We may use such information for any lawful purpose, including sharing Non-Personal Data with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information is generally shared in an aggregated form. .
How We Protect Your Personal Data.
We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and security measures including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to help protect your Personal and Non-Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also make reasonable efforts to restrict access to Personal Data to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to provide or improve our services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure, therefore any transmission of Personal Data is done at your own risk and we assume no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration or misuse of information during transmission. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data. .
Please note that you can play an important role in the security of your Personal Data. For example, if you elect to set up an account on the Sites, you will be asked to provide a valid email address and password. We recommend you select a password with at least 8 characters and consider adding numbers or special characters to further strengthen your password. In order to help protect your personal information, you should be careful about providing your password to others and change it periodically. If you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password or any issue of security with regard to our Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
We do not and will not, at any time, ask you to provide your Personal Data or other personal information in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. If you receive such an email, please contact us to bring it to our attention. Identity theft and "phishing" are of great concern to us. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. .
What Choices Do I Have Regarding my Personal Data? .
We are dedicated to respecting the choices you make and communicate to us regarding your Personal Data. You can update your contact information or change your subscription preferences through a User Account on the Sites (if you have one). In addition, you may: .
• Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can disable cookies and/or decide not to register an account with us. Please be aware that if you take these actions, you may not be able to use certain functionalities of the Sites. For instance, you must provide payment and shipping information for each transaction in order to purchase goods and services on the Sites. .
• Subscription Preferences: Promotional emails sent by us or on our behalf contain an "unsubscribe" hyperlink. While we honor all subscription requests, it may take up to ten (10) business days for a change to your preference settings to become effective. Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving future promotional communications, you may be sent certain transactional communications related to the purchase or shipment of those items. If you place an order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email or regular mail if we have questions about your order. Additionally, though you may have opted-out, we may send you messages if we are required to do so under relevant laws or regulations. .
Third Party Advertisers .
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website? .
The Sites may contain links to other websites not operated, controlled by or affiliated with us. The policies and procedures set forth herein do not apply to such sites. The owners and operators of all those sites are responsible for all Personal Data and Non-Personal Data provided, collected, maintained, stored or otherwise disclosed on those sites, if any. Third party links on the Sites do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the third party sites, including their privacy policies. Please contact those sites directly for information on their privacy policies. .
Please note that our Sites are not configured to respond to "Do Not Track" browser settings. For information about “Do Not Track” visit www.allaboutdnt.org. .
Protecting the privacy of children is extremely important to us. Our Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or intend to collect Personal Data from anyone who is under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our Sites, we will endeavor to delete the information from our records. .
Cross-Border Personal Data Transfer.
User Generated Content.
Our Sites enable users to post their own content, for example by writing product reviews. You should exercise caution if you decide to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. We are not responsible for user generated content and it remains the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it. .
How to Contact Us.
The Collected Group, LLC .
Attention: Legal Department – Privacy Rights
5301 South Santa Fe Avenue
Vernon, CA 90058
P (323) 277-3900 – Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm (PST)
California law defines "personal information" broadly as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. This California Notice also uses that definition for personal information.
California law provides you the right to request:
• Access to the specific pieces of personal information collected about you
• Deletion of your personal information
• Disclosure of the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which we collect, sell or disclose that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
• To opt out of the "sale" of your personal information
We may make changes to this California Notice, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this California Notice, we will notify you by posting the updated California Notice on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this California Notice.
This California Notice is effective December 31, 2019.
What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect your personal data when you place an order, call our customer service, sign up for our marketing communications, and browse or use our Site. The data we collect includes details you provide to us, such as your given name and surname and your shipping and billing addresses. We also collect data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website. We use this data to:
• Take your orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased;
• Provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications;
• Provide you with help and assistance via customer service;
• Personalize your visit to the Sites and ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Under the Law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by The Collected Group, as the data controllers, and may also be processed by other affiliate and partner companies acting under our instructions, including external service providers to help meet our business needs and may share your data with these providers. These providers have been selected after an evaluation process and chosen for their experience, security, and reliability. They will process your data only under our instructions. The Collected Group and some of these providers and companies may be based in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, the transfer of your personal data to these countries is carried out in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on the Site are retained in accordance with local tax law (seven years in the US), while those data used to send you our marketing communications are retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
Under the Law, you have the right to:
• Know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data;
• Ask us to update, correct or supplement the data we hold about you;
• Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose;
• Ask us to delete or erase your data from our systems;
• Limit or oppose our processing of your data;
• Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you.
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing email@example.com, calling 1 833-791-0200 or writing to the Privacy Rights team at The Collected Group, LLC , Attention: Legal Department – Privacy Rights, 5301 South Santa Fe Avenue, Vernon, CA 90058, USA.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the complaint should be presented to the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/).